“We think Camp Harlow is the most fortunate youth camp in the Northwest to have such a prolific team of volunteers to help with fundraising, Summer camp check-in, office help, building maintenance and grounds keeping.”– The Harlow Year-round Staff
If you’re interested in getting involved as a Harlow Volunteer, we would LOVE to hear from you!
Fundraising Volunteers: We have 2 main fundraisers to support Harlow each year.
- Our Fundraising Picnic in July –help needed with decorations, servers, set-up and tear down.
- Our Fundraising Dinner & Auction in December – help needed with decorations, servers, set-up, tear down, procurement.
Summer Camp Check-In Volunteers: We need 6-8 Volunteers for the first day of each of our summer camps. Volunteers greet each of our campers and families, and answer any questions about the week, take payments, etc.
Office Help: Summer Office help is needed for busy Fridays, where we are doing Camp Store Refunds, and general office duties. (phones, walk-in registration help, etc.)
Building Maintenance/Grounds Keeping: We have crews of men and women who help with these areas on Tuesday and Thursdays beginning at 8:30am. Lunch is provided. These men and women are vital to the upkeep and maintenance of Harlow, doing various building projects, general maintenance, painting, weeding, planting, etc.
Special Events: We have 3 main community outreach days each year.
- Work Day – typically held the first Saturday of June. This is a day we prepare for our upcoming Camping Season, and the over 3,000 campers who will grace this place! Cleaning projects including the Cabins/Wagons, Window washing, power washing our Mini Golf Course, planting flowers, and much more! Lunch is provided.
- Harvest Time – A community outreach, and alternative to the traditional trick-or-treating on October 31st. We offer a variety of carnival games and activities for kids and their families to partake in.
- Annual Open House – A large community event; highlighting our Camp and some of the activities we have to offer here. We need volunteers to greet, parking, security, lunch servers.
*Note: Background checks may be required depending on area of service.
For More Information, contact Kelly Gallo, Office Manager @ 541-685-7202 (direct)